The Functional Medicine Approach
Functional Medicine is a systems biology-based approach that focuses on identifying and addressing the root cause of disease or dysfunction so the body can return to a state of health and wellness.
Functional Medicine is patient focused, not disease focused. For example, in treating Rheumatoid arthritis this approach assesses weaknesses and imbalances in physiology to try and understand WHY one has RA, versus the standard medical approach of just trying to suppress the symptoms. The role of Functional Medicine is to detect and prevent disease and dysfunction through the means of:
- A detailed health history
- Functionally oriented blood chemistry
- Advanced testing – Digestive, salivary hormone, detoxification/allergy panels, micronutrient, adrenal stress profiles, metabolic profiles
- Patient specific treatment – Lifestyle modification, therapeutic exercise, structural support (chiropractic, massage, etc.), diet, nutritional support, stress reduction
- What can Functional Medicine do for you?
- Improve digestion
- Improve absorption and utilization of nutrients
- Address nutrient deficiencies
- Eliminate constipation
- Improves gut flora: eliminates inflections in the gut
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves blood sugar regulation
- Reduces oxidative stress
- Improve energy production utilization in the body
- Improves body composition
- Reduces liver toxicity
- Eliminates heavy metals
- Improves kidney function
- Balances hormonal
- Improves metabolism
- What does that look like at Ideal Motion Chiropractic?
- Prior to scheduling an appointment: Complete intake forms
- 1st appointment: Review goals, health history, questionnaires and recommended lab testing
- 2nd appointment: Review lab results and recommended nutritional products
- 3rd appointment: Check in on progress, review/update goals and nutritional products
- 4th appointment: Discuss progress and path of care
Find out how Functional Medicine in Bonney Lake, WA can help using an all natural approach. Call us at (253)447-8440 today. Click here to download forms for your first appointment!